Finishing the kiln

I’ve finally finished the kiln, really all I need to do is put it back together but ultimately it works great. It allows for 8 different programs with 6 different steps each. it can ramp up and down and has a selectable hysteresis.

Now we can cook tool steel quite a bit more reliably. This one uses a MAX31855 rather than the MAX6675 with was limited to 1020C. Anyways, that was fun. Now to move on to the electrolytic deburring machine. At the bottom here I will link to the source code I used. The code sucks, it was my first time using Python for anything substantial so I don’t guarantee it’s use for anything.

Comments are closed.