Well, it’s been a long road but I’m almost at the finish line in terms of the majority of development. All of the parts are mostly made and I’ll begin programming very soon, most of which has been done already or figured out in advance.
Firstly, I started with the board. I had to build it from scratch because I’m not certain of they’ll want more features or different ones, also I simply don’t have the funds to get the printed boards made, those will fit in the top of the unit below the LCD and reflection switch.
So, after this I spent the entire weekend building the parts required to make the rest of the unit. I opened up a few of the tolerances and had to make some changes simply to allow for better fitting afterward. The unit would have been impossible to assemble otherwise 🙂
I have to say, I’m satisfied with the results thus far. The bearing holding the sensor together could be a bit better though. This week I’m going to have to program the unit and hopefully this long saga will be over. Well, at least when I make the 15 units it will be.