I’ve finally had some time to put together my website for my business. 8mtech.com is online and has most of the pages complete. I’ve decided to keep the layout very simple and I’ll eventually flesh out the theme a little better.
As an aside, my business cards came in, they were very nice. print100 based out of Hong Kong did a good job. $30 for 300 cards with corner cutting, matte finish and double-side colour. Very nice!
Anyways, if anyone wants a freelance inventor or a draft monkey, give me a call! 🙂
I thought I would have nothing to post but I do I guess. I’ve felt the need to really expedite this project now that I am starting a business. I have done a few of the mechanical things associated with it after a major redesign. Today I have completed the design of the board and despite it’s sloppiness, I’m happy it’s done. Now to get it made.
Like I state in the description, I used the autorouter on this image, I may revise many of the traces so that ripple can be eliminated from IC’s by bringing the caps closer electrically to Gnd and Vcc. This week I hope to finish the machining side of the device, I’ll have to wait for bolts from Fastenal to arrive but it’ll be worth the wait. Here are some shots of the parts so far, note that the main block is made of phenolic, I love this material since it looks kind of like wood but is reasonably machinable.
Just for the record, here is the list of, well electrical features:
16 key Keypad for data entry, mostly for calibration.
16×2 LCD display for seeing alarms and viscometer output.
24V motor, PWM driven with TIP102
Light interrupted sensors for top and bottom
provisions for temperature sensing
Provision for an external RS-232 board, if needed
TVS’ed to the hilt, hopefully this will prevent funny stuff from happening.