It hasn’t been long since my last update about this thing but I’ve made some progress as far as making the unit into a single board. I simply used the AD7705B as I suspected it work work great for this application. I’ve been playing around with reducing the amount of noise coming from the sensor but random fields are causing the ad7705 to produce strange numbers, even when my hand just gets close to the unit. Here are some pictures of the unit.
Thus far it seems to work though, at least when tested with a multimeter. Sadly though, it seems impossible to test it with the oscilloscope because it uses the same ground as the power supply, damnit!