Viscometer Motor Results

Well, I took the plunge and built an RS232 output device so that I can track the values over a longer term than whatever my memory can hold. I’ve started with a series of tests designed to test the speed control or the encoder. So far my results have been poor. I’m not exactly sure why, perhaps the motor is hooped, maybe the encoder or perhaps even my logic with timing the pulses, I don’t know as yet. I’m going to purchase some different motors to try out.

Click on the pictures to enlarge them, there is a good description of each. There is also a zip file of the analysis data and the program so far.

viscometer-data-analysis-081009

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Security Code: