Playing with simulations for the Viscometer

So, I’ve been playing with simulating the output of the viscometer at a specified power output. When the real unit runs it seems to output noisy but patterned values. I’ve found that the output has a sinusoidal output with anomalies at the upper and lower value ranges. So, I’ve made a simulation of the outputs so I can find the best way to smooth out the sample sets.

In my simulation I generate 2000 samples and divide the samples into 10 sets. These sets are each 200 samples, the amount that’s being generated on the laboratory viscometer. The idea behind this is to make all of the value sets almost exactly the same, so far, I’m close with the average, but not close enough.  Here’s a screenshot of the output

Viscometer Test output (click for full)
Viscometer Test output (click for full)

Green=minima

Purple=Maxima

Dark Green=Median

Pinkish=average

I’ll include a link to the file for shits and giggles (It’s freebasic BTW)

viscometer-timer-test

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Security Code: