Well, as far as viscometers go, I could be considered an expert by now (no, not really). Today my new board arrived and I assembled it, I’m kind of proud of it, it works real slick just like the last one. This one has the following changes
- ICSP provisions so that I can program it in place.
- a PIC18F2620. Has 10 times the program memory and RAM.
- diode protection in case the power is hooked up wrong.
- Fast recovery diode for motor induction absorption.
- Larger traces for the motor.
- Fixed resistor array.
Anyways, here is a comparison shot. Old on the left, new on the right.
Well there you have it!